OneHeartDC and WAVA 105.1 FM are partnering on a new weekly radio show Good News for the City. The show will highlight how God is working through His Church to provide every man, woman and child in Metro Washington DC repeated opportunities to hear, experience and respond to the Gospel. The show airs every Saturday at 5:30pm and Sunday at 9:00pm and is hosted by Brian Bales, Lead Pastor at Christian Fellowship Church (Ashburn, VA) and Dennis Williams, Director of Ministry Relations at WAVA. Podcasts are available at WAVA will soon be available at goodnewsforthecity.com.
Good News for the City has the following objectives:
- ENCOURAGE Christ followers and church leaders through stories of transformation - in lives and communities.
- Expand believers’ view of God and the scope and power of His work in our area.
- Show the community and community leaders that the Church is a valued asset for the common good.
- Display Jesus brightly (Matt. 5:16).
- INSPIRE ordinary people to be used by God to multiply His work.
- DEMONSTRATE the power of collaboration and working together – churches, nonprofits, schools, government, etc.
- EQUIP the Church through case studies that highlight the principles of outreach – to meet needs and share the Good News of the Gospel.
- EMPOWER action by providing specific connections to participate or start new activities.
Good News for the City will focus on
- Greater Body Partnerships – the stories showing relationships and a collaborative spirit where leaders, churches and ministries are investing in one another and advancing the Gospel in UNITY and providing HOPE together.
- Coming together to accomplish what no single church can do alone, including how churches are building relationships in the community for the common good and the Gospel.
- Coming together in the pooling of time, talent, treasure, and prayer to strengthen existing churches and to multiply expressions of the Church in the region through new church plants.
- Mobilizing Everyday People – the stories of Gospel Saturation happening when God’s people are released and mobilized providing HOPE in their communities - including collaborative efforts to cultivate reproducing disciples by sharing resources, training, and best practices.
- Interpersonal and Organizational Prayer - the stories of faithful and fervent PRAYER from years prior and ongoing prayer throughout the region - individually and organizationally (churches gathering together) - fueling UNITY and Gospel Saturation.
Good News for the City expects to have guests speaking on topics such as:
- Anti- human trafficking
- Foster Care
- Welcoming and Caring for Immigrants
- Poverty (hunger, homelessness, employment)
- Prayer and Discipleship
- Racial Reconciliation
- School Partnerships
- Thriving Communities - building strong communities
- Thriving Youth – building youth resiliency
If you have suggestions for topics or guests, please contact us. We want to provide our partners with opportunities to show how God is working through them!